ADI and RBM, High-performing green innovations and the solidity of a leading group on the up-and-up.
ADI and RBM Italia make up the glass division of the Surfaces Group, and thanks to their innovative, effective solutions at the technological state of the art they stand out on the domestic and international markets as undisputed leaders in the manufacture of consumable abrasives responding to the most widely diversified technological applications. Their exclusive products enhance customers’ production performances in terms of high quality standards and process optimization.
All products are Made in Italy, with strict process controls and careful sourcing of the most eco-compatible raw materials. A sustainable policy that also invests in the health of all working environments.
Growing investments in R&D, inter-company synergies and the solidity of a respected group have generated the vital skills underlying strong market growth and the consolidated prestige of the respective brands.
ADI, founded at Thiene (Vicenza, Italy) in 1980, is the brand specializing in the production of metal and resin-bond diamond grinding wheels for CNC machines and straight edging, double edging and beveling machines, milling cutters, cutting discs and tools for the glass, marble, ceramic and optics industries.
ADI tools are the best choice for reducing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Universally recognized as drivers for ensuring ever-improving performances, they are a fundamental added value for the entire production cycle. ADI has consolidated its position of market hegemony thanks to constant engagement in research alongside its industrial customers, for the continual development of new opportunities for the growth of their business. The latest technological innovations include:
- Grinding wheels with special binders with very high diamond concentrations, developed to respond perfectly to the demands of the solar power and automotive industries, which require high production speeds.
- ONE-SHOT grinding wheels, able to work non-stop to end-of-life due to perfect profile retention, which cuts the collateral costs of re-profiling; they guarantee precision with impressive reductions in the times and costs involved in the re-profiling of conventional wheels.
- BLUE UHS® routers with lifetime and processing speed 30% higher than a standard grinding wheel, also guaranteeing low vibrations, reducing the risk of chipping.
- VERDI UHS® routers, also ensuring perfect profile retention but with a softer binder, meaning greater versatility.
- The GLASSRENU patent, for which ADI holds the global exclusive rights. An exclusive system for the dry removal of scratches from sheets of glass with no need to disinstall them.
RBM, in operation since 1963, is undisputed leader in the supply of glass polishing wheels. 50 years of absolute consolidation and full market coverage thanks to its over 20 different formulations which vary in shape and grain: its rubber, resin, cerium, polyurethane and non-woven fabric wheels are used by all the top producers worldwide. RMB wheels stand out above all competitors through their absence of defects, excellent precision, perfect profile retention, high processing speed and longer lifetime. All these plus factors help to reduce waste and processing times, to optimize plants’ efficiency.
The increased opportunities provided by membership of the Surfaces Group have enabled RBM to expand its research, testing and quality control both internally and as a customer service. This has generated across-the-board improvement in all traditional articles thanks to in-depth work on process control, and to quality control on both incoming raw materials and outgoing finished product. Key examples include:
- New Low-E Wheels for UHS (ultra high-speed) machines, non-woven and foamed polyurethane wheels, also for low-emissive glass processing. These products raise performances and enrich a product range characterized by a highly diversified offering, able to satisfy all requirements.
- AR/AA edge-polishing wheels for Low-E glass. In non-woven fabric and effective at very low pressure, they are available in two hardness versions and in six different grains. They guarantee the best value for money and greater efficiency and, thanks to excellent customer service, they are proving an outstanding success on the market.